Follow these steps to enjoy a safe and long-lasting candle experience:
- Trim the Wick: Before each use, remember to trim the wick to approximately 1/4" in length. This promotes a cleaner burn, minimizes soot, and prevents the wick from becoming too long, which can lead to excessive flickering and uneven burning.
- Burn Time: To ensure an optimal burn, light your candle in 3-4 hour increments. This allows the wax to melt evenly and prevents the candle from overheating. Always place your candle on a heat-resistant surface.
- Prevent Tunneling: During the first burn, it's important to allow the melt pool to reach the edge of the jar. This process typically takes ~4 hours, depending on the size of the candle. Allowing the melt pool to reach the jar's edge prevents tunneling, ensuring an even burn and maximizing the lifespan of your candle.
- Safety First: Keep candles away from children, pets, and any drafts. Ensure that the candle is placed on a stable surface, away from flammable objects or materials. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Candle Storage: When not in use, store your candles in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. This helps maintain the integrity of the wax and fragrance, preserving their quality for future use.
- Extinguishing the Flame: To extinguish your candle, use a candle snuffer or gently blow out the flame. Avoid using the candle lid or any object to smother the flame, as this can create smoke and cause the wick to smolder. Once extinguished, allow the candle to cool before touching or moving it.
- Enjoy Responsibly: Candles create a cozy and inviting atmosphere, but it's important to remember to enjoy them responsibly. Ensure proper ventilation in the room, and never burn candles near flammable materials or in high traffic areas.
By following these simple steps, you'll enhance the performance and longevity of your soy candles, ensuring a safe and delightful candle experience every time you light one. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out to us. Happy candle burning!